How to set NSCollectionLayoutVisibleItem's name property for use in UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout?

I'm Using UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout with a section provider and I set the NSCollectionLayoutSectionVisibleItemsInvalidationHandler on a particular section.

The NSCollectionLayoutSectionVisibleItemsInvalidationHandler hands back an array of objects conforming to the NSCollectionLayoutVisibleItem protocol which has a name property which always appears to be nil.

I figured there must be a way to use this name property to make it easier to do look up for the NSCollectionLayoutVisibleItem objects I'm actually looking. Is there a way to make this property nonnil?

Does it get set to the UICollectionViewCell's reuse identifier or something (I'm currently using UICollectionViewCellRegistration)?

Is there any documentation on the name property? https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/nscollectionlayoutvisibleitem/3199122-name?language=objc

How to set NSCollectionLayoutVisibleItem's name property for use in UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout?

Q