Get UICollectionLayoutSectionOrthogonalScrollingBehaviorGroupPaging like behavior for NSCollectionLayoutItems in UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout?

I have a horizontal section in my compositional layout with three items.

0 ---- 1 ----2

When scrolling toward the center I want the scrolling to snap the item at index 1 to the center of the screen. However I can't figure out how to precisely control horizontal scrolling with compositional layout (it doesn't seem possible to control the contentOffset of horizontal scrolling). When I enable paging using UICollectionLayoutSectionOrthogonalScrollingBehaviorPaging the page size assumes full device width and paging works for the item at index 0 or 2 but then the item at index 1 can never be displayed fully on screen (only one half of its width can be shown at a given time).

I tried adding leading and trailing space to the group but that didn't work. When I try the UICollectionLayoutSectionOrthogonalScrollingBehaviorGroupPaging the section is displayed with the item at index 1 centered but scrolling doesn't work.

I think what I'm looking for is UICollectionLayoutSectionOrthogonalScrollingBehaviorGroupPaging but at the item level or to be able to adjust the contentOffset on the scroll view at the end of dragging.

Is there any way I can programmatically access the scroll view being using for horizontal scrolling? I see in the visibleItemsInvalidationHandler I'm able to get the content offset but I'm not able to change it to support snapping.

Get UICollectionLayoutSectionOrthogonalScrollingBehaviorGroupPaging like behavior for NSCollectionLayoutItems in UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout?

Q