Dynamic Metal Library build from download fails

The Dynamic library build for the Metal Library fails when built from the downloaded copy. It uses the name of the download as the directory name which has spaces and does not give a syntactically correct file name. Renaming the folder in which the build files reside seems to resolve that problem. Then the header files for the Dynamic library get an access denied error when trying to compile. Why are these demos released with such trivial problems? Surely someone has tried to run it previously and the demo should have been fixed or the short Readme should have been updated with instructions on how to set it up.

Thanks for reporting this. I reproduce the problem (I assume you're talking about this sample). I suspect we didn't see this since the default location for DerivedData is in the home directory's Library folder which would not have a space in the path and, by default, the name of unpacked directory also does not have a space in it.

Yes, that is the sample I was running. Thank you for verifying the issue and the response. I had a similar problem with another sample that manifested itself in a different way. I was using the UI Coaching interface and it failed to build properly in an application I was using because the directory structure was not present in the search chain. In this case it was merging the room plan sample with the Metal Library sample from the Xcode template for ARKit

Dynamic Metal Library build from download fails

Q