IOS 17 Beta, Hang up calls at 8 minutes

Since i´m testing IOS 17 Beta on a Iphone 13 Pro Max, every call I recibe or i make, it hangs up automatically at 8 minutes talking.

With IOS 16 doesn´t have this problem. Only with all the betas of IOS 17 (actually on Beta 6).

I´have changed my carrier and the same, at 8 minutes of call, the call stills on, but no answer of the other person and the orher person doesn´t listen to me.

It´s somethin known?

Thanks.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Txemucky Down vote post of Txemucky
4.4k views
  • i have the same issue even with the public version now.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello. I am having the same issue on public release 17.0.2.

• I am having a similar issue after updating to iOS 17.5 beta.

Add a Comment

Same here ...

Dear All,

I have the same issue. When I receive an inbound call (it happens only on inbound calls), after 8 minutes, the call still appears on the screen, and the call is counting the second, but I cannot hear the caller, and he cannot hear me. and there is a locked speaker icon on the screen. I cannot turn it off that hands-free. i checked that with 4 people. Everytime i have same issue, after 8 minutes inbound calls

I reset my network settings. turned on airplane mode, then turned off after 10 seconds. Removed the SIM card and put it back restart the phone.

Issue remains

Please help without to the "restore the phone".

Thanks.

Hello again. Please let me add what steps I have followed for resolving this issue, before posting here.

• I have removed 99% from downloaded apps and updated the phone with iOS 17.0.2
  • Updated and Restored iPhone with Mac three times
  • Used Erase all contents and settings two times

Yesterday I have updated to 17.0.3 and I have restored the iPhone again with Mac (Sonoma) and today I will test it again. My problem is similar to Cnrzen:

• I cannot hear the caller he cannot hear me
  • Phone call timer is working
  • Speaker icon is blocked on and is not responding

Dear All,

I have updated to 17.0.3

Issue remains. After 8 minutes i cannot hear my friend and he cannot hear me. The speaker icon i not responds but mic icon works and i can to end the call.

i dont want to restore my phone.

Any idea?

Hello hello,

Dear All, Could you turn off the

**settings> screen time > screen distance **

If it fixes the issue, "Apple," you can write me for my bank account or a gift. :P

Have a nice day

Exact same issue here! iPhone 13 Pro latest IOS 17.0.3

Hello again,

Even with 17.0.3 the problem is still there.

@cnrzen I haven't activated Screen Distance; it's still Off for me

Thank you,

• Hi, today the issue came back. I have still the same issue.

ios 17.0.3 iphone 13 mini

:(

Add a Comment

issue remains. I checked today and unfortunately issue remains. :(

Hello,

Monday I had again issues:

After this, I've made two changes:

1. I disabled Wifi Calling
  2. I changed my SIM from phisical one to E-SIM

Until now everything looks fine, no hangs up anymore in the middle of the call. I am still testing.

Thank you, George

Same problem on my 14 Pro and my wife's 12 Pro. On 8 minutes inbound call, speaker icon turns on and is locked and I cannot hear the caller, and he cannot hear me. Tried cellular reset, screen distance off with no success. Both iPhones on last iOS. Talked to apple support two times but no fix has been given and i don't see any concern for that from apple.

Hi again

I turned on that. And i am ok for now.

I have the same issue since iOS 17. I had it on my iphone 12. I just received my iphone 15 pro max yesterday and the issue is still here.

I live in France with free mobile as provider if that help

I have the same issue with iPhone 15 Pro. And i think the problem started with 17.0.3 (at least for me). I have not seen this problem on my old iPhone 11 (updated to iOS 17), nor with my current iPhone 15 pro - until 17.0.2.

I submitted feedback to apple with id FB13266869 (i also included a link to this thread in the feedback). Lets hope apple gets this sorted out, because its very frustrating!

I have the 8 minute issue since the update to iOS 17 (iPhone 14 Pro). Haven't solved it so far no matter what I tried, but I noticed that when the call fails I can choose between Speaker and Home pod and the iPhone option isn't there. I am not able to resume the call on the Home pod though. I guess the Phone App runs into some problem.