Unable to use photo picker in app on only one iPad Pro device

We are in the midst of testing camera and photo/video access using iPadPro 17 Beta (21A5326a) from within our application, and we are encountering an error message on only one device (iPad Pro 12.9-inch, A2229). Full access to the camera roll has been explicitly granted to the application when prompted. On only the above device, attempting to select an existing photo results in this error popup: "Photo or Video Unavailable: This app is using the Photos picker in an unsupported configuration." (We are able to take and save new photos from within our application on this device with no issues.) I have a second device on hand (iPadPro 10.5-inch, A1701) that presently also has the same iPadOS version installed and is running the same application, and we are able to select existing photos and take new photos with no errors. I have compared the Photos settings on both devices, and they appear to be identical. On a third iPad device running with the same iPadOS version, application, and Photos settings (that device is not in my possession), it has been reported that no errors are encountered when either taking new photos or selecting existing photos via the Photo Picker from within our app. We are trying to figure out what might be causing this error to appear when selecting existing photos on only the A2229 device, and/or what aspect of the configuration or settings would need to be modified in order to use the photo picker on that one iPad Pro. This issue had not been encountered on the A229 device while running with iPadOS 16. Searching the text of this error message online has not returned anything significantly meaningful thus far.

• Slight correction to the first line of my post, as I don't seem to have any way to edit it: This should read "using iPadOS 17 Beta (21A5326a)".

• Slight correction to the first line of the post: Should read "using iPadOS 17 Beta (21A5326a)"

• I had the same question,What should I do?

When the phone album permission is set to full access, deleting the app and reinstalling it, then re-acquiring the permission and selecting full access, still prompts this popup @Justin_Apple

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello @ftdellorto1,

Thank you for posting this question. Could you please submit a feedback assistant ticket with the following information:

• Name of the app
  • Device type you are seeing this issue
  • Steps to reproduce this issue
  • Sysdiagnose
  • Screen recording (optional)

Once you filed the ticket, please reply here with the ticket number.