iOS 17 - default notification tone

iOS 17, the default notification tone is changed to - rebound instead of tri-tone. And now, it is too quite. Also, it can't be changed or replaced. Is it possible that it will be replaced/fixed ????

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of BYELIK Down vote post of BYELIK
39k views
  • I agree with being able to change it. For someone whos hard of hearing I would love to be able to change it.

• I just downloaded the update to iOS 17.1, and was hoping against hope that the third party app notification sound would be changed back to tri-tone, or at least to a louder tone. But no. Does no one at Apple care that this stupid new tone is barely able to be heard? This is getting so effing annoying. Please, please, please fiix it! Now! Somebody there must have SOME brains and be able to fix this. You have had a gazzillion messages and requests to fix this...what is taking so long???

• I agree with being able to change it. I have missed some important messages because I was unable to hear ringtone. Please fix it as soon as possible.

Replies

Sorry I did the upgrade. Why bother giving the customer ringtone/notification choices if they can't change them, Apple A-holes

• Agree. Apple, if you read these forums, please respond and fix this problem. Had I known, I would not have upgraded.

Add a Comment

This is a show stopper for me, as I use the default notification for security and other brokerage notifications. If a way is not provided to change the default notification, I will seriously consider going back to an android phone after being on an iphone for over 10 years before. Android offers more customization features and does not FORCE users to use a specific notification sound. I will continue to search for a way to resolve this issue, and hope someone finds a resolution soon.

@APPLE The changes implemented as part of iOS 17 update to the default notification TONE & associated VIBRATION alerts ARE > > > A MAJOR PUBLIC HEALTH & SAFETY CONCERN !! < < <

Many applications developed and provided by third parties utilize the default iOS tone and vibration as part of their respective PUBLIC HEALTH & SAFETY solutions, platforms, application alerts and notifications.

@APPLE MUST RELEASE AN UPDATE TO ALLOW iPhone users running iOS17+ the option to CHANGE THE NOTIFICATION TONE(S) TO ANY OF THE CURRENT TONES PROVIDED AS PART OF THE DEFAULT TONE LIBRARY, AS WELL AS CHANGING THE VIBRATION PROGRAMMING.

This simply cannot be a difficult feature to release and will allow users to truly personalize notifications for each of the applications used on their phones. Some users may want audible tones, some may not, some may want vibration, some may not.

@APPLE Providing your CUSTOMERS with the option to uniquely customize their notification sounds/audio/tones and vibrations, for each respective application, should be the minimum benchmark standard, especially at this stage in the evolution of iPhone Operating Systems.

This issue is very concerning, especially for safety apps installed on your phone such as apps for your alarm system or cameras. I just submitted feedback to this: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Maybe with enough complaints, they will fix it.

I completely agree. You should be able to change the default tone used for notifications. Worst case, change it back to the tone used in prior versions.

guys, we did it. We make them. apple added an opportunity to set a sound for default alerts…..🤯🤯🤯🤯🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 thanks for everyone who left here comments about it.

• Not for IOS 17.1.2 .. :( , so you capture about default alerts will be a beta or a not stable release. thanks!

Add a Comment

Please fix this. Because of this, I purchased an Android tablet as a workaround! I am strongly considering replacing the iPhone 12 Pro Max with a Samsung product if this is not addressed soon! There is an issue with receiving urgent text messages from Google Voice and reminders that use this barely audible default tone. Background noise or sleeping near the phone results in important notifications being missed.

I have updated to 17.1.2 and it’s still not fixed

Totally agree the rebound is way too quiet. At work I’m missing notifications constantly. We need to be able to set our own sounds. Please change this

yes fr, i really really hate this Rebound sound. The og sound was wayyyyyyyyyy better. This new update keep making me think that a call has ended but when i checked my phone it's actually a notification sound. Please let us change our notification sound to our preferences, this sucks.

This update is a nightmare! I have missed several expensive parcel deliveries due to not hearing the bloody doorbell! This was already an issue due to Google not allowing us to change the doorbell sound on the iPhone but now Apple have changed the default notification I cannot hear it at al!

It’s already added in beta, so soon it will be available

I even registered as a user just to complain about this - I own an iphone but it might be the last one I buy exactly because of issues like this. Apple has NO respect for its users - who by the way spend thousands of pounds on something is clearly not worth the money. Changing our ringtones according to their preferences is at the very minimum insane!! You can give us more options, not change the ones we already set. I now have to waste my time changing back the notifications sounds, the ringtone, the alarm - has no one at Apple understood what an awful idea this was?!!? If the idea is that we BUY those rings then you're really losing it.