Apple TVOS 17 VPN Packet Tunnel error

Thread 4: "*** NSExtensionPrincipalClass PacketTunnel.PacketTunnelProvider must implement at least one public protocol"

warning: Module "/Users/username/Library/Developer/Xcode/tvOS DeviceSupport/AppleTV11,1 17.0 (21J354)/Symbols/usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib" uses triple "arm64e-apple-tvos17.0.0", which is not compatible with the target triple "arm64-apple-tvos-unknown". Enabling per-module Swift scratch context.

I can't run VPN. Same code IOS,MacOS are ok.

Early in the tvOS 17 beta cycle I had a DTS tech support incident that was very similar to this. I asked them to file a bug but, looking at my records, I’m not sure that they ever did )-:

Have you filed a bug about this yet? If so, what’s the bug number?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I have filed a bug report for the same problem, FB13156098

Seems this thread is also related: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/731537

Thanks.

Seems this thread is also related

Indeed. I’ll link that one to this one.

Share and Enjoy

a_stenvall wrote:

Looking at your bug report I see a comment about a potential workaround. How did that pan out?

Share and Enjoy

@eskimo We managed to solve this issue. Looks like a bug on Xcode 15+

The simplest solution is to change the productType of your Network Extension target from com.apple.product-type.tv-app-extension to com.apple.product-type.app-extension.

Details can be found here: https://medium.com/@munibsiddiqui/fix-nsextensionprincipalclass-packettunnelprovider-must-implement-at-least-one-public-55963b76c9cd

Apple TVOS 17 VPN Packet Tunnel error

Q