Key value pairs (Managed App Config) for Apple's apps

I am looking for a documentation of key value pairs for Apple's own iPad-Apps (Files, Settings, Safari, …) to use with Managed App Config Settings in our MDM.

Is there a list somewhere on Apple's website or – even better – is there a way to find out about the key value pairs via MDM?

Thanks a lot!

Those apps do not support Managed App Config. Instead there are configuration profile payload types which control them, such as various restrictions in the restrictions payload.

Thanks very much for your answer. The restrictions that you refer to, can be set via the profiles in our MDM (Cisco Meraki). But it is not possible to configure many settings that we would like to roll out via MDM.

Just two examples: We would like to set external servers in the files app and make installed apps (e.g. Nextcloud) show up in the sidebar. We would like to determine the services, that show up in control center. So far, I have not found a way to do that.

I suggest filing feedbacks on the specific things you would like to manage within the Files app and Control Center.

Some general advice on filing useful feedback: Keep each feedback to a single issue. In your feedback, describe specifically what you want to be able to do, and separately describe why you want it. Sometimes Apple will implement what you want for a different reason, or find a better way to do what you want. By having those two parts of your feedback separate and clear it gives you the best opportunity to get what you want.

Key value pairs (Managed App Config) for Apple's apps

Q