iOS 17 & iOS 16.7 videotoolbox crash

0 VideoToolbox ___vtDecompressionSessionRemote_DecodeFrameCommon_block_invoke_2() 1 libdispatch.dylib __dispatch_client_callout() 2 libdispatch.dylib __dispatch_client_callout() 3 libdispatch.dylib __dispatch_lane_barrier_sync_invoke_and_complete() 4 VideoToolbox _vtDecompressionSessionRemote_DecodeFrameCommon()

After the release of iOS 17 & iOS 16.7, thousands of crashes were added as videotoolbox each day. Has anyone encountered similar problems?

Has your problem been solved? The same problem is encountered, whether the crash is also accompanied by the AVAudioSessionMediaServicesWereLostNotification notification?

We have encountered the same crashes:

1. Mainly concentrated in iOS 16.7 and iOS 17
  2. All models are reported. iPhone 10,3; iPhone 10,2; iPhone 10,1; iPhone 10,5 and iPhone10,6 accounts for the largest proportion.

call stack:

VideoToolbox     ___vtDecompressionSessionRemote_DecodeFrameCommon_block_invoke_2 + 56
libdispatch.dylib    __dispatch_client_callout + 16
libdispatch.dylib    __dispatch_client_callout + 16
libdispatch.dylib     __dispatch_lane_barrier_sync_invoke_and_complete + 52
VideoToolbox    _vtDecompressionSessionRemote_DecodeFrameCommon + 496

16.7 and 17.0 , 17.0.1, , 17.0.1 has the problem, when get AVAudioSessionMediaServicesWereLostNotification notification. I think this is system problem, 17.0.3 fixed it. but iphone 8 and iphone x can just update to 16.7.

hi, @xlquan confirm 17.0.3 has fixed it?

The same problem is encountered. 16.7 - 17.0.3.

Same here with the same os 16.7 - 17.0.3. I've submitted the Feedback with ID: FB13396591 (VTDecompressionSessionDecodeFrame 在 iOS/iPadOS 16.7 後容易發生閃退) I'll update here if they find any solution.

iOS 17 & iOS 16.7 videotoolbox crash

Q