sudo launchctl list "LastExitStatus" = 9;

I am trying to build Endpoint Security demo app on xcode,

when I run

sudo launchctl list 3xxxxxxxx6.com.example.apple-samplecode.SampleEndpointApp.Extension

i get

{
	"LimitLoadToSessionType" = "System";
	"MachServices" = {
		"3FB5H67G96.com.example.apple-samplecode.SampleEndpointApp3FB5H67G96.Extension.xpc" = mach-port-object;
	};
	"Label" = "3FB5H67G96.com.example.apple-samplecode.SampleEndpointApp3FB5H67G96.Extension";
	"OnDemand" = false;
	"LastExitStatus" = 9;
	"Program" = "/Library/SystemExtensions/24197CF7-F318-4968-87D5-B869AAF544F5/com.example.apple-samplecode.SampleEndpointApp3FB5H67G96.Extension.systemextension/Contents/MacOS/com.example.apple-samplecode.SampleEndpointApp3FB5H67G96.Extension";
};

when I run the app i get Successfully installed the extension ✅

but noting happens.

what should I do from here?

plz halp

Accepted Reply

A LastExitStatus of 9 means that the process died due to a SIGKILL (9). This is very often the result of it being blocked at launch by the trusted execution system. You should see a crash report explaining that.

For a lot of extra info about that, see Resolving Trusted Execution Problems. However, it’s probably not relevant because of this:

I found that I need to have permission for Developer ID on distribution support

Correct.

I contacted Apple for the permission

Good.

if I get the Developer ID permission, would this problem be fixed?

Yes.

Well, it’s possible that they might be some other issue in play as well, but there’s no point investigating that until you get this issue sorted.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thx for the comment!

Add a Comment

Replies

SIP disabled as well

I was searching through the developer forum, I found that I need to have permission for Developer ID on distribution support, while I only have permission for Development. I contacted Apple for the permission, if I get the Developer ID permission, would this problem be fixed?

A LastExitStatus of 9 means that the process died due to a SIGKILL (9). This is very often the result of it being blocked at launch by the trusted execution system. You should see a crash report explaining that.

For a lot of extra info about that, see Resolving Trusted Execution Problems. However, it’s probably not relevant because of this:

I found that I need to have permission for Developer ID on distribution support

Correct.

I contacted Apple for the permission

Good.

if I get the Developer ID permission, would this problem be fixed?

Yes.

Well, it’s possible that they might be some other issue in play as well, but there’s no point investigating that until you get this issue sorted.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thx for the comment!

Add a Comment