Ship fat framework with Privacy manifest file containing required reason API also with code signing

Hi

I have built framework that I distribute to other organization and they use it in their App.

Since I ship the Fat framework (.framework) and not the .xcframework, does Fat framework(from Xcode 15) containing privacy manifest file will be supported?

Or do I have to convert the fat framework to the xcframework in order to use privacy manifest file and also code signing?

Thanks in the advance.

Since I ship the Fat framework (.framework)

What platforms does that framework support?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi Quinn

It is for iOS_arm64, devices only.

How is that a fat framework?

Apple generally uses the term universal rather than fat, but the standard understanding of fat is a Mach-O that contains multiple architectures. If you only support one architecture, what’s fat about your framework?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Okay, true that. I'm referring "fat" to ".framework". In my case only supported platform is ios-arm64.

I found when I archive the framework code to obtain the .framework and later use this command to generate the xcframework: xcodebuild -create-xcframework -framework ABC.framework -output XCFramework/ABC.xcframework

Without code signing, the xcframeworks works fine when integrated with the app but when codesigned with either of these commands: codesign --timestamp -v --sign "Apple Distribution: AnyName (AlphaNumeric)" XcFrameworkSigned/ABC.xcframework codesign --timestamp -s "Apple Distribution: AnyName (AlphaNumeric)" XcFrameworkSigned/ABC.xcframework

it makes the Xcode crashes both Xcode 15 and Xcode 15.1 beta.

Ship fat framework with Privacy manifest file containing required reason API also with code signing

Q