API for detecting whether certain gestures are enabled?

G'day folks,

If you've got a trackpad on your Mac, you can enabled and disable the zoom/rotation/etc. gestures in System Settings. I think you can also do this if you have a Magic Mouse. My question is: is there any API for determining if the user has done this? If I add an NSMagnificationGestureRecognizer, is there a way to know if it's even possible for it to be triggered?

I know, I know – the standard answer – don't give the user one way of doing a thing if that one way is a gesture. Add zoom in and out buttons like Maps does. But I'm talking about a game, and the default set of controls should be different for different input mechanisms. Think about a sim game: if you're using a standard mouse, then scroll wheel should be zoom, that's what the player expects - but if you're using a trackpad, zoom should be zoom and two-finger pan should move you around the map. With a mouse, the player probably expects that to be bound to right-click-and-drag, or middle-click-and-drag – gestures that are difficult or impossible to perform on a trackpad.

I feel like the ability to interrogate this is pretty central to the whole "do something sensible by default" at the heart of the Mac HIG.

API for detecting whether certain gestures are enabled?

Q