Confusing TestFlight stats

I'm confused by the stats on the TestFlight "builds" screen. See below.

1. There are more crashes than sessions. So the definition of "session" can't quite be what I thought. Does a session have to last more than a certain amount of time to be included? Do sessions that end in a crash not count as sessions? Do multiple invocations within a short period of time count as a single session?

2. The number of sessions falls over time. I.e. once I have released a new version, the reported "Sessions" numbers for older versions slowly fall. Maybe as soon as a user has used version N+1, all their sessions for version N are removed from the stats?

3. The "invites" column is clearly the same for every version, while it should have been slowly increasing.

Is there any value in these numbers?

Replies

Hello, we'd like to investigate this issue but need some further info to help diagnose. Could you please file a Feedback Assistant at https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/ please include any information that would help us look into the issue, including ID and versions/builds of the app that you are viewing test data for.

You can share the Feedback Assistant ID here with us, which will help expedite the process.

Thank you!