Could be a good idea make an App Store's app open source?

Hello, I have an app on the Mac App Store for 1 year, I'm working on the second version but I have big problems with the lack of feedback from the users. At the same time, I would appreciate the collaboration with other users, so I'm thinking about the possibility to public the source code on a git repository where the developers can fork, create new branches and pull back in the original source code their improvements and ideas and we can bargain a price for the work done.

I don't want to complicate too much the situation, but I would to implement a sort of "stock action" payment possibility where based on the daily profits you can decide when to withdraw your stocks earned when you think their value is enough mature.

This is to compensate for the potential added value and the initial lack of money.

The license that I developed is this one:

MakeItHome License: Source Code Forking, Editing, and Merging License

Version 1.0 - 27 October 2023

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person or organization obtaining a copy of the software code (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

1. Forking and Editing:

a. Users are allowed to fork the original repository on GitHub and create their branches.

b. Users are allowed to edit, modify, enhance, or otherwise change the source code in any manner they see fit.

2. Merging:

a. Users are allowed to merge their changes back into the original repository via pull requests on GitHub.

b. Users are encouraged to contribute their improvements to the original repository for the benefit of the community.

3. Restrictions on Distribution:

a. Compiled Binaries Prohibition: Users are expressly prohibited from distributing any compiled binaries, executables, or other forms of the Software in a compiled or executable format, even if the source code has been modified, altered, or otherwise changed.

b. Exception: Users are allowed to use the compiled binaries internally for testing, validation, or other non-distribution purposes. However, external distribution, sharing, or dissemination of the compiled binaries is strictly prohibited.

4. No Warranty/Liability:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES, OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Has this concept of collaborative working on a project, in your opinion, potentialities and legal applicability?

Is this a good idea to create an involved community?

Thank you

1. Item 1
  2. Item 2

Don't write your own licence.

Could be a good idea make an App Store's app open source?

Q