Core Data error: 'cannot use an attribute type of "Composite"' when "Used with CloudKit" checked

Hello, I'm running into an odd error.

I'm trying to add a composite attribute called period to a Core Data Entity named Report, but I'm getting a compile-time error that points to my xcdatamodel file:

Report.period cannot use an attribute type of "Composite".

In my model configuration I have "Used with CloudKit" box checked. If I uncheck this box, the error goes away and everything builds fine. But the documentation for NSCompositeAttributeDescription says:

You may use composite attributes anywhere you use standard attributes, including lightweight migrations and CloudKit, through NSPersistentCloudKitContainer.

So it seems like I should be able to use composite attributes in Core Data with CloudKit syncing enabled.

What am I missing here? Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Can you file a feedback report with your managed object model and the xcresult bundle.

Thanks! Filed: FB13317454 (Core Data: Compile error while using composite attributes when "Used with CloudKit" box checked in model configuration.) There's attached the model file, the results bundle, and a sample project that reproduces the issue.

Core Data error: 'cannot use an attribute type of "Composite"' when "Used with CloudKit" checked

Q