G++ not working with command line tools 15.0 and not able to downgrade its version on MacOS Sonoma.

I am not able to install after downloading command line tools 14.3.1 in macOS Sonoma 14.0. The error message is the following "Command Line Tools can't be installed on this disk (Macintosh HD). The version of macOS is too new." What should I do to install it ? And what to do after that so that 14.3.1 version is used by Mac instead of 15.0 version of command line tools ?

I am not able to install after downloading command line tools 14.3.1 in macOS Sonoma 14.0.

Right. A Command Line Tools package has the same constraints as the associated Xcode version [1]. That means that Command Line Tools for Xcode 14.3.1 is not supported on macOS 14.

G++ not working with command line tools 15.0

What are the symptoms of that failure?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] There are a few exceptions here, most notably for notarytool.

I get the following error while compiling any c++ program in Sublime Text. I do not use Xcode. There is a separate post for this error already, and a temporary solution provided there is to downgrade command line tools version. But I am not able to downgrade it also. What should I do to rectify this error ?

0 0x10ddb9f43 __assert_rtn + 64 1 0x10dcbbf43 ld::AtomPlacement::findAtom(unsigned char, unsigned long long, ld::AtomPlacement::AtomLoc const*&, long long&) const + 1411 2 0x10dcd8431 ld::InputFiles::SliceParser::parseObjectFile(mach_o::Header const*) const + 19745 3 0x10dce8b71 ld::InputFiles::parseAllFiles(void (ld::AtomFile const*) block_pointer)::$_7::operator()(unsigned long, ld::FileInfo const&) const + 657 4 0x7ff816bb35cd _dispatch_client_callout2 + 8 5 0x7ff816bc519d _dispatch_apply_invoke_and_wait + 214 6 0x7ff816bc46ab _dispatch_apply_with_attr_f + 1181 7 0x7ff816bc485f dispatch_apply + 45 8 0x10dd81972 ld::AtomFileConsolidator::parseFiles(bool) + 370 9 0x10dd08d67 main + 12263 ld: Assertion failed: (resultIndex < sectData.atoms.size()), function findAtom, file Relocations.cpp, line 1336. collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

There is a separate post for this error already

Can you point me at that?

Anyway, this looks like it’s crashing in the linker, in which case I recommend that you read my posts on this thread for advice on how to:

• File an actionable bug report

• Work around the problem temporarily

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

G++ not working with command line tools 15.0 and not able to downgrade its version on MacOS Sonoma.

Q