Sudden removal of the registered passkeys

Hello, We recently noticed that the passkeys that our application registers in the ASCredentialIdentityStore are removed after a while and we have to register them again. Do you have any ideas? Or is it possible that this happens automatically even though the application is terminated?

• And I also think this happened after the update to version 17.1

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

With the help of the Feedback you filed, we identified an issue here where the credential store got lost when updating across some iOS versions. Credentials saved to the store after doing the update should behave as expected. Also starting in iOS 17.3 and macOS 14.3 we've both fixed the migration issue and will automatically recover the store for affected users.

Replies

Is it possible you unchecked and rechecked the app in Password Options? That will clear the store.

• No, I didn't do that. But I know this will clear the store.

Add a Comment

With the help of the Feedback you filed, we identified an issue here where the credential store got lost when updating across some iOS versions. Credentials saved to the store after doing the update should behave as expected. Also starting in iOS 17.3 and macOS 14.3 we've both fixed the migration issue and will automatically recover the store for affected users.