IS XCODE 14.3 automatically using NotaryTool - stuck at in-progress

I have been using XCODE to distribute macOS apps to a few "testers" by Archiving and then using the button Distribute App -> Developper ID -> using automatic signing and uploading to notary service.
I am aware that Altool is deprecated and stopped working - and of TN3147 - which explains how to migrate using command line/scripts. However, since I upgraded to XCODE 14.3, I would have thought that the Distribute App button for the archived project no longer uses altool

• AmI correct?
  • where in XCODE can I check if the Distribute App button uses Notary Tool?
  • or is the only way to transition is to implement the scripts discussed in TN3147 and never use the Distribute App button?

after today using Distribute App button - I have been suck in "In-Progress" for more than 1 hour - when I just made a rather small update to the code of this previously notarized app - which usually gets notarize very quickly.

I will get into svripts etc. per TN3147 if I have too - but I was just wondering why XCODE 14.3 Distribute App would not be already "wired" to use the notarytoll (as it used to be for altool in previous version? Thanks

AFAICT notary was working fine over the weekend. See my response over here.

but I was just wondering why XCODE 14.3 Distribute App would not be already "wired" to use the notarytool … ?

It is. To be clear:

• Xcode 14 and later use the same back end as notarytool.

• Xcode 13 and earlier use the same back end as altool.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hey Thanks for clarifying that. To close the loop on this post: I'm not sure exactly how long it took - but it has now been notarized. I had seen your previous answer and thought something like that might have been happening... but, it's Nice to know I can still just use XCODE to notarize as before.

IS XCODE 14.3 automatically using NotaryTool - stuck at in-progress

Q