Xcode Notarization help needed

I used ChatGPT to help me build a screensaver of 40 images to be shown randomly in Xcode. It works great but I get the error below when trying to deploy it on other Macs. I signed up for a developer account and a Gethub account and thought Xcode was walking me through how to notarize the software but am now stuck. I'm not a true programmer. Can someone assist me in getting this notarized as this is the last thing holding me up from launching my business - granulartraining.com

Error - “CyberSecurity Reminders.saver” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Thanks.

Tom

I am open to hiring someone for a short time to help me solve this problem.

A screen saver is not an app [1], but an old school in-process plug-in. Xcode’s neat-o notarisation support only works for apps, so you can’t use it to notarise a screen saver )-: You will have to manually sign and package it for distribution and then manually notarise it. I have two posts that explain those first two steps:

The third step is covered by Customizing the notarization workflow.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] IMO it should be. A while back we introduced the concept of apps with embedded app extensions, and that allows us to support out of process plug-ins. Any place we need to support new plug-ins, we use this architecture. Sadly, we haven’t gone back and adopted this architecture in various old plug-in sites, including screen savers. If you’d like to see that change, I encourage you to file an enhancement request requesting that.

Xcode Notarization help needed

Q