It would be nice to do the "Legacy" section

Hello, as an App Store developer since 2010, I wanted to share a reflection with you.

On some occasion Apple have mentioned how important apps are in people's lives, but they are even more important in the lives of developers, some of us, particularly video game developers, we consider ourselves artists, as well as programmers, since developing a successful video game mixes many concepts that are considered art.

For all this, we are saddened that with the passage of time, given that the software does not have a physical support, this art disappears forever, thereby disappearing all the work of so many years.

It is very likely that Apple will still exist in 100 years, I hope so, but all the initial developers of the App Store will be dead, and our apps disappeared forever, for not having paid the annual fee to keep the app in the App Store, and not meet the requirements of modern devices.

I thought it would be great to create a "Legacy" section in the App Store, with applications that at some point were moderately important, so that they are not lost forever.

There is a technical problem, which is the increase in resolution, etc. that occurs in devices over the years.

Software would have to be made that adapts old apps to the resolution of the modern device, maintaining the proportions.

I hope you found the idea interesting.

That's an attractive idea, I like it, but it has hurdles other than screen resolution.

In 30 years, not to say 100, so much will have change to OS and hardware, that running an old app, even in emulation, will be really difficult.

Just to illustrate: there were apps running on Macintosh for a long time (like hypercard). They were "simpler" than today's apps (I mean code was much smaller, less API to call…) and they cannot run on any modern Mac. Which I do regret.

But the idea could be to at least keep memory of this old apps, even if they cannot run anymore…

It would be nice to do the "Legacy" section

Q