Bluetooth Low Energy HID Gamepad PnP not accepted by iOS devices

Dear support

We are developing a Bluetooth Low Energy HID Gamepad and are having issues connecting it to iOS devices (iPhone).

Pairing is always successful.

The issue is related to the PnP ID used.

1. If we use a PnP ID for a gamepad currently on the market - like a Google Stadia - there is no issue.

The Gamepad connects (pairs) with the iPhone and is recognised in the iPhone "settings->general->game controller"

Also if a "Game Controller Tester" APP is installed on the iPhone this works ok.

1. If we use our own PnP the Gamepad connects (pairs) but iPhone does not recognise it in "settings->general->game controller" .

Also the "Game Controller Tester" APP does not work.

The question is :-

Is there something we need to do with our own PnP for it to be recognised by iOS devices.

For info - on Android and Windows our PnP is recognised ok - we can control a Game Controller APP with it.

The issue is only with Apple iOS devices.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

JESP

Replies

Hi JESP

Please submit a feedback report with relevant details about the gamepad (*) by navigating to feedbackassistant.apple.com in your browser, or using the Feedback Assistant app on your Mac or iOS device. Create a new feedback report. Select the 'Developer Technologies & SDKs' area, and choose 'Game Controller Framework' from the technology menu, so that your feedback is routed to my team. After you create the feedback report you will receive a feedback identifier, please post that here for reference. I will followup via your feedback report.

(*) Note, please do not share confidential business information with Apple in your feedback report.

Hi Justin

Thank you for your help.

I have submitted a feedback report FB13393956.

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/13393956

• Thank you JESP. I will followup but there may be a delay due to the US Thanksgiving holiday this week.

Add a Comment

Hi Justin

Would it be possible to receive some feedback on this issue FB13393956?

It is a bit of a blocker for us.

Thank you

Hey JESP,

is there any chance you could share the PnP ID you used that made the Connection work. I am currently having a little research project connecting an ESP32 to an iPhone to emulate a game controller at university and trying to get this working just as a prototype and I am kind of stuck here aswell.

Thanks!