Problem enabling HealthKit capability on my app

I have created a new project and I have added HomeKit capability but the two control box for Clinical Health Records and Background Delivery can not be switched on. are there any suggestion?

thanks a lot

valerio

• Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello,

I am also seeing this same issue on Xcode Version 15.0.1 (15A507). Following the steps provide in the Configuring HealthKit access article, I first went to the desired app target via the Project navigator view, and selected the "Signing & Capabilities" tab. Then using the "+ Capabilities" button I opened the Capabilities library view and double-clicked on "HealthKit" capability. This then added a new "HealthKit" section to the "Signing & Capabilities" section, but both of the given options "Background Delivery" and "Clinical Health Records" are disabled and their checkboxes cannot be clicked (see attached screen shots).

Continuing to follow the Configuring HealthKit access article, I assumed the reason the options were disabled is because I had not yet provided the necessary purpose strings as called out in the article. Adding both the "Privacy - Health Share Usage Description" and "Privacy - Health Update Usage Description" values to my Info.plist, I expected the "Background Delivery" and "Clinical Health Records" are options to become enabled, but they did not. It is unclear this point what the next steps would be to enable these buttons for selection via Xcode.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

• Hey! I had the same issue, and Problem was with my Account

Ensure the "Team" field is correctly set: In the "Signing" section, find the "Team" field. Make sure the development team (Team) selected is the one with an active subscription to the Apple Developer Program. If "Team" is unset or incorrect, click the dropdown menu and select the correct development team associated with your Apple ID used for Apple Developer Program access.

Hope it helps

Add a Comment