Seeing "Cannot use inflection engine" in console.

I am seeing the following log in the console in Xcode Version 15.0.1 (15A507):

Cannot use inflection engine (Checking that the token is the correct type):

I am able to reproduce the issue using Apple's own sample code, "Building a Localized Food-Ordering App" associated with WWDC21 Session 10109: What's New In Foundation, simply by building and running the sample code.

That log message immediately appears a few times in the console when running that sample project.

I'm assuming given it is happening in Apple's own sample project, that this is merely console noise and basically something out of my control.

Accepted Reply

I think that’s a reasonable assumption. See On Log Noise for my criteria as to whether to worry about log entries like this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

I think that’s a reasonable assumption. See On Log Noise for my criteria as to whether to worry about log entries like this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thank you, great advice on Log Noise. Given the wording of the console message, it made it sound like I was doing something wrong, and yet the app behaved correctly. After looking over my code and implementation, everything seemed fine. At that point I went to check and compare sample code only to see the same message.

With that said, I have filed Feedback #: FB13456050.

• Thanks for filing FB13456050.

Add a Comment