System Settings extension approval dialog

Hi Team,

We are registering Network Extension on application launch. The application shows this dialog [Dialog attached].

The failing case

1. User press OK and hence, dismissing the user approval
  2. User click on Apps UI -> Register
  3. Register call the same API again i.e.

let activationRequest = OSSystemExtensionRequest.activationRequest(forExtensionWithIdentifier: identifier, queue: .main) 4. This time, the dialog is not launched for the user. Whereas, we have observed, it does launch the dialog again on some of the machines. 5. User reboot the machine 6. Click App -> Register. Stil the same case, the dialog is not launched for user.

When I check the status using systemextensionsctl list  *  [TeamId]  com.company.extensionname (1.0.100/1.0.100)  ExtensioName  [activated waiting for user]

How can I force the launch of this dialog in API, so that, user can be guided to act upon it.

Replies

How can I force the launch of this dialog in API, so that, user can be guided to act upon it.

First you'll want to make sure you're debugging your contain app correctly as this dialog is tied to the container app. So I will recommend that you take a look at Quinn's Debugging a Network Extension Provider post.

• Thank you @meaton The issue is not at all with debugging the app. When it is installed on user's machine, the issue shows up.

Add a Comment