Unable to access visionOS Beta Updates

I am a Apple Developer member signed into my developer Apple ID on my Vision Pro and I‘m unable to access Beta Updates in Settings -> General -> Software Update. The option doesn’t even show up.

I’ve tried restarting a few times and signing out and back in on my Vision Pro. I’ve been able to successfully deploy builds from Xcode to my Vision Pro. I’m also able to access Beta Updates from my other Apple devices on the same Apple ID.

I’ve also noticed that my Apple ID avatar isn’t syncing—it shows the default initials in visionOS Settings and updating it there does not seem to sync across devices.

Anyone have any ideas how I might fix this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of n8chur Down vote post of n8chur

Replies

Have same problem. Apple Developer support told me to submit feedback via Feedback Assistant because this is something the engineers need to fix.

• Ended up filing FB13594565 if anyone has this issue and wants to reference this

Add a Comment

If you're facing such issues,

Double-check if your developer account has access to the specific beta program you're trying to join. Different programs may have different eligibility requirements.

However, if this doesn't work, restart your Vision Pro and/or your router: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches.

• What do you mean by "Double-check if your developer account has access to the specific beta program you're trying to join."? I have an individual paid developer account and assumed default access is provided to all iOS/macOS/visionOS developer betas.

• I'm also unsure how to check if it has access, but I have done all of the other steps.

I've even deployed builds from Xcode to my device, so it should be registered as a test device on my account.

Add a Comment

I still haven't found a way to get "Beta Updates" to show up in settings.

I even manually flashed 1.1 using Apple Configurator (which required a "Restore" for some reason, "Update" is grayed out) and Beta 2 is not showing up for me today.

I am testing a Vision Pro for work, and I did not see the beta updates when signed into this Apple ID. I have a paid developer account.

What I had to do as a workaround was sign into a different Apple ID: specifically, a managed Apple ID owned by my organization. I happen to be a top level administrator in our Apple Business Manager instance, so I used that one.

When I sign in using that Apple ID on the Vision Pro, suddenly I can enable the beta updates for the visionOS and enroll in the "Appleseed" beta program. I updated the headset to vOS 1.2 beta 2, then signed out of that Managed Apple ID. I signed back in using my personal Apple ID.

Now, in Software Update, I am still able to receive updates. The "Appleseed" beta has a warning triangle because it isn't available to my standard developer account, so I switched to the Developer beta (not the Public beta). vOS 1.2 beta 3 is available, but it warns me that the Apple ID cannot participate in this beta program (or something to that effect).

Paid developers should not have to do anything special on the headset or in their accounts to see the betas within vOS' software update pane. In my case, my iPhones and Macs signed into this Apple ID can all see the option to enable beta updates.