Watch connectivity inside Apple Wallet Issuer Extension

I am developing issuer non-UI extension. In function status i have to return remotePassEntriesAvailable (boolean) and to do that i have to activate WCSession from that Extension to get the remoteSecureElementPasses which are already added to the remote wallet (watch).

I have implemented WCSessionDelegate inside the non-UI extension but i can not enable the WCSession. I always get:

Error: WCSession has not been activated

I saw a comment in this post -> WCSession is not available from iOS extensions, only from the main iOS app.

To the point... If the WCSession is not available from iOS extensions how can I properly set remoteSecureElementPasses and implement function remotePassEntries if i can't connect to the watch to see which cards are already enrolled?

I also noticed, when adding a card from that extension the function remotePassEntries is never called. I can confirm that iWatch is connected to the iPhone and the param remotePassEntriesAvailable is set to true when function status is called. In which case is the function remotePassEntries called?

Hi, facing the same issue, do you have any workaround?

I am getting assEntriesAvailable = false and remotePassEntriesAvailable = true in status(completion: @escaping (PKIssuerProvisioningExtensionStatus) api, though I am not getting app icon in Add to Wallet screen. I have gone through apple private document twice but nothing found there. Does any one has the solution.?

I found the answer to this as remotePassEntries is called only when the user is trying to add the cards to the watch via "Watch" app

Watch connectivity inside Apple Wallet Issuer Extension

Q