Not able to install cocoa pods after updating macOS to 14.3.1

Hello! I have recently formatted my machine and updated macOS to 14.3.1. Since then I am not able to install cocoa pods in my machine. It is showing below error.

ERROR: Error installing cocoapods: The last version of drb (>= 0) to support your Ruby & RubyGems was 2.0.6. Try installing it with gem install drb -v 2.0.6 and then running the current command again drb requires Ruby version >= 2.7.0. The current ruby version is 2.6.10.210.

When I try to update ruby, I am getting the following error.

Error running '__rvm_make -j12', please read /Users/karthik/.rvm/log/1707930039_ruby-3.0.0/make.log There has been an error while running make. Halting the installation.

I have tried multiple approaches from different forums, but none of them could fix them. Could you please help in resolving this. Thanks in Advance.

Replies

Hi @dKarthik ,

Were you able to solve the problem? Basically it is telling you to do this:

1. gem install drb -v 2.0.6 // Note you might need to add "sudo" in front
  2. gem install cocoapods // Basically try again :)

This worked for me. But note there maybe other failures in-between. Then you follow what it says to do again. In my case, after drb 2.0.6... I had to do "gem install activesupport -v 6.1.7.7"

Side note. One part that is painful is Cocoapods says "You can use a Ruby Version manager, however we recommend that you use the standard Ruby available on macOS unless you know what you're doing." But others on the internet say use a ruby version manager. So idk. My hope is that Apple will always update MacOS with security updates such that it takes into account stuff people install into the system...like the system's Ruby 😀

Hope this helps!

atmoshedron