FinanceKit - authorization process is not entitled error

Apple Recommended

Replies

Currently FinanceKit requires an entitlement that is available upon request - you can use https://developer.apple.com/contact to get in touch. When your app is approved you will be able to use the com.apple.developer.financekit entitlement. Your app will also need a NSFinancialDataUsageDescription key Info.plist, which should contain a string explaining to the user how your app will use the data.

Thanks for the response. Do you expect FinanceKit to remain gated behind this entitlement once it's publicly released?

I've contacted Developer Support and they don't have documentation on how to request the entitlement. I have an open case where they are researching it. I'm hoping I will get information soon so we can start to offer this feature in our app as quickly as possible. Especially since two or three apps have worked directly with Apple and already provide FinanceKit features in their apps.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Called them a few times, escalated but no luck so far. Please keep me posted, I'll do the same if I hear.

Also opened a ticket, and after a week of no response I followed up and was told to request again to see if I get a reference number this time (different from the case number). The fact that the documentation doesn't list any of this as a pre-requisite for using the framework is also frustrating. In addition to some apps apparently receiving preferential treatment in getting not only the entitlement, but the feature working for the launch of 17.4.

Anyone heard anything so far? We were told that it is not publicly available yet. No answer to the question on how some apps got the access already. I have also noticed that they disabled all the links in the documentation recently. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/financekit/financestore

Have communications with Developers Support and Code Level Support about this during few last weeks (every response got a lot of time) - no result.

First, Code Level Support assistant redirect me to this topic :) and quoted nick_js post where he suggest to contact Developers Support to request "com.apple.developer.financekit" entitlement.

Developers Support replied on my request this: "The entitlement form is not available yet.". So how does others apps can use FinanceKit?

All this means that FinanceStore framework is publicly available, but can't be accessed by everyone right now. Only three Apple-chosen apps (Monarch, YNAB and Copilot) have access to it, which looks like discrimination of others developers and unfair play.

I've had a developer support case open for this or a little bit now that's been escalated to a senior advisor. I've called about once a week checking on its status but I keep being told that they haven't heard from the group that is responsible for the entitlement. I told them Apple is being anti-competitive allowing the three companies to have privileged access to the entitlement so they can have months to market and offer this feature before other apps. They're pretty unapologetic about offering no help.