Vision Pro - lets join forces to improve VisionOS platform

Hi guys,

if you started using Vision Pro, I'm sure you already found some limitations. Let's join forces and make feature requests. When creating Feedback, request from one guy may not get any attenption from Apple, but if we join and more of us make the same request, we might just push those ideas through. Feel free to add your ideas and don't forget to create feedback:

• app windows can only be moved forward to a distance of about 20ft/6m. I'm pretty sure some users would like to push window as far as a few miles away and make the window large to be still legible. This would be very interesting especialy when using Environments and 360-degree view. I really want to put some apps up on the sky above the mountains and around me, even those iOS apps just made compatible with Vision Pro.

• when capturing screen, I always get message "Video capture not possible due to insufficient lighting". Why? I have Environment loaded and extended 360 degrees with some apps opened, so there is no need for external lighting (at least I thing it's not needed). I just want to capture what I see. Imagine creating tutorials, recording lessons for learning various subjects, etc. Actual Vision Pro user might prefer loading their on environments an setup app in spatial domain, but for those that don't have it yet or when creating videos to be available on antique 2D computer screens , it may be useful to create 2D videos this way.

• 3D video recording is not very good, kind of shaky, not when Vision Pro is static, but when walking and especially when turning head left/right/up/down (even relatively slowly). I think hardware should be able to capture and create nice and smooth video. It's possible that Apple just designed simple camera app and wants to give developers a chance to create a better Camera app, but it still would be nice to have something better out of the box.

• I would like to be able to walk through Environments. I understand safety of see-through effect, so users didn't hit any obstacles, but perhaps obstacles could be detected and when user gets to 6ft/2m from obstacle then it could present at first warning (there is already "You are close to and object" and then make surroundigns visible, but if there are no obstacles (user can be located in large space and can place a tape or a thread around the safe area), I should be able to walk around and take a look inside that crater on the Moon.

• We need Environments, Environments, Environments and yet more of them, I was hoping for hundreds, so we could even pick some of them and use in our apps, like games where you want to setup a specific environment.

Well, that's just a beginning and I could go on and on and on, but tell me what you guys think. Regards and enjoy new virtual adventure! Robert

• This is what you expect with anything new in the version 1.x release chain. Just sit back and wait for the OS and platform APIs to iterate over time to may be Vision OS 10.0

Add a Comment

Replies

This is all great feedback! And, file away – even if you think it's a duplicate or known issue, it's still valuable.

Thanks!

A few more suggestions:

• Orientation of Environments can be reset by holding the Crown button. If I want to see the other side in front of me I have to turn 180 degrees and hold down Crown to set this position. This way I can see for example the Moon environment and by looking up I see Earth. But this rotation of the environent always gets reset when starting it again. It would be actually nice to have the ability to rotate Environments and set any part to the front (at 0 degrees or 12 o'clock speaking in aviation terminology) without me rotating in the chair. There are 2 buttons, "Adjust immersion" on the left and "Adjust volume" on the right. It would be nice to have a third button left of "Level of Immersion" (that one should be kept in the center). The third button would rotate Environment scene, so I could choose what I'm going to see at 12 o'clock position. Next time I switch to that environemtn the system would remember this setting and load the environment rotated as I set it last time.

• It would be nice to be able to cast screen from Aple TV to Vision Pro. It may take some time for apps to make it to Vison Pro and developers might not do that for all their apps. It would be nice to cast that screen from Apple TV - it would be nice to expand favourite streaming app to a large screen in Vision Pro. The same would be nice with iOS. It works great with Mac. So at the moment I can play videos in full screen on Mac and connect to it with Vision Pro. I was thinking about building an app that could capture Apple TV screen, just like Quicktime does it, but it's not possible for security reasons. Perhaps we could persuade Apple to provide such feature. Of course there is nothing like native VisionOS app with full spatial support.

I would love to see direct photo and video capture inside an app. This is a killer feature for many apps.

Custom metal rendering pipelines in single-app passthrough mode with occlusion/depth, custom shaders, composition with the real world. (Note: not asking for camera access — this could be handled by the OS backend however possible. For example, sandbox pixel read in the shaders to avoid insecure access to the data on the CPU.)