How do I check if a version of an sdk I am using in my app uses a privacy impacting sdk?

I am assuming that even if the app i am using is not listed in the ios list of privacy impacting sdks, if they use a privacy impacting sdk in their sdk, then my app will be required to get the privacy manifest for that privacy impacting sdk: the rule must (logically!) be transitive.

So far apple has not sent any email about the app needing to provide that for any of our sdks. but i am worried that maybe apple has not done the check for us yet, and by the time they do , we will be near deadline to submit an app.

Replies

Apple began sending emails on March 13, 2024.

1. Submission to launch the app
  2. Submission to use external TestFlight

In my experience, if there is a PrivacyManifest problem in the above situation, an e-mail was sent within 5 minutes. (You can see that you will receive an e-mail almost at the same time as you submit it.)

The best way is to submit it to an external TestFlight while changing the build.

• thats what i expected too. however yesterday we submit a build and we did not get any email regarding the firebase sdks that we used, even though they are listed under the list of privacy impacting sdks, and we were using a version of firebase sdk that did not have the privacy manifest: because of this, we were concerned that apple was not doing their job to scan all of our sdks for privacy issues, and that we have to do it ourselves.

• @MrWizardCoder Which version of Firebase do you use? Isn't 'PrivacyInfo' already added?

• we're using 10.21.0. the privacy stuff i added in 10.22.0. thats why we were concerned why there was no notification from apple...