Clarification on Auto-Renewable Subscription Behavior Upon Discontinuation in Sandbox

I would like to confirm the behavior of auto-renewable subscription products when their distribution is discontinued. I have noticed that billing still occurs in the sandbox environment even after distribution has been stopped.

Obviously, I cannot stop the distribution of a live product, so I am conducting tests using a test product. I suspect that the issue might be due to the test product's status being set to "Ready to Submit," but I'm not certain. Could you please advise on how I should proceed to confirm this?

Replies

By distribution do you mean the product is purchasable when testing in sandbox? If so, that is expected, that way you can test independent of products availability in production.

If you a product no longer available for testing in sandbox, the product would have to be deleted, which is an irreversible state. I'd prefer to know more about your concerns with a product in sandbox that is test purchasable.

Thanks for reply.

By distribution do you mean the product is purchasable when testing in sandbox?

Yes, that's correct. I am trying to test the behavior within the app when distribution is stopped in the sandbox environment.

If I delete the product in the sandbox, will it simulate the same conditions as if the distribution has been stopped?