Starting Live Activity with push notification

Hello all, I am trying to start Live Activity from remote push notification with the new ActivityKit api.

The documentation for starting live activity from a push notification says:

• When the system receives the ActivityKit push notification on a device, it starts a new Live Activity, wakes up your app, and grants it background run time to allow you to download assets that the Live Activity needs.
  • While the system starts the new Live Activity and wakes up your app, you receive the push token you use for updates. To update and end the Live Activity, use this update push token as if you obtained it by starting a Live Activity from within your app.

Is there any information on how to get access to the background runtime and the push token, when the app is in background when the Live Activity is started? I can get the pushToStartTokenUpdates if the app is already running and push notification arrives (and starts the Live Activity), but not in the background, which makes getting updates not possible unless user launches the app.

Thanks!

Replies

After some reading and testing, I came to conclusion that "Wakes up your app" is only true "if the app was already running in background", so it is only possible to receive an update if the app was not terminated.

try from this link https://apnspush.com/how-to-start-and-update-live-activities-with-push-notifications