FamilyActivityPicker not working on parent device

Hi, we are facing issues with the FamilyActivityPicker.

I have 2 devices in the same family, one successfully authorised as child device using AuthorizationCenter.shared.requestAuthorization(for: .child), the other one is used as parent device.

When I invoke FamilyActivityPicker on the children's device it works as expected but when invoked on the parent's device it only shows list of categories but not a single app. This behavior doesn't occur every time, on some devices it sometime works as it should.

It's very odd and I can't find any reason why it is happening. I would appreciate any tips.

Tested on app built with Xcode 15.3 an run on iOS 17.4.1 and iOS 16.7.2

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of LukasMatuska Down vote post of LukasMatuska

Replies

We are experiencing similar issues. This is what we can see in device logs:

com.apple.network cloudd nw_parameters_set_source_application_by_bundle_id_internal Failed to convert from bundle ID (com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent) to UUID. This could lead to wrong data usage accounting. com.apple.network connection cloudd nw_endpoint_flow_validate_delegation [C112 Hostname#1d0a693b:443 in_progress parent-flow (satisfied (Path is satisfied), interface: en0[802.11], ipv4, ipv6, dns, uses wifi)] Network Delegation Failure: Invalid Bundle ID "com.apple.FamilyControlsAgent" [I] com.apple.SwiftUI Invalid Configuration ActivityPickerExtension No symbol named '' found in system symbol set

Also:

com.apple.cloudkit CK FamilyControlsAgent BUG IN CLIENT OF CLOUDKIT: requesting to use CPU QualityOfService UserInitiated while current thread is running at CPU QualityOfService Utility. Overriding with the following behavior: operation.configuration.discretionaryNetworkBehavior = .nonDiscretionary operation.configuration.automaticallyRetryNetworkFailures = NO operation.qualityOfService = .Utility

As a rule of thumb, CKOperation should not run higher than CPU QoS Utility.

For more information please refer to the header documentation for -[CKOperationConfiguration discretionaryNetworkBehavior].