We successfully implemented VR180 with MV-HEVC video. However, the results from the URL connection and the AFP connection are too different.

After numerous trials and errors, we finally succeeded in implementing VR180. However, there is a problem. Videos played via a URL (Internet) connection experience significant lag. Initially, I thought it was a bitrate issue. But after various tests, I began to suspect that the problem might be with the internet connection processing..itself I tested the same video through both file opening (set up as a network drive) and URL (AWS) connections. Since AWS provides stable speeds, I concluded there is no issue there.

The video files are 8K. The bitrate is between 80-90 Mbps. The conditions for decoding and implementing 8K are the same. Also, when I mirrored the video, there was significant lag. Both AFP and URL use the same wireless conditions. I assume the conditions for implementing 8K are the same. When mirroring, the AFP connection had no lag at all.

Could it be that VisionOS's URL (Internet connection) is causing a high system load? I noticed that an app called AmazeVR allows videos to be downloaded before playing. Could this be because of the URL issue?

If anyone knows, please respond.

Replies

What API are you using to play this video?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

MV-HEVC (project type : halfEquirectangular, L/R) Video.. API AVPlayer >> USE VideoMaterial Custome Make Mesh = Sphere to hemiSphere(VR180) ... is done.