free trial for xx days

good morning everyone, I have a problem of understanding, my app unlocks content after registration, we offer a trial period of xx days to allow new users to use the full version at the end of these days if they want to continue using the full app they have to register without any payment. The app release documentation mentions a xx-day trial period in the Payments section: Apps without a subscription may offer a free time-based trial period before presenting a full unlock option by configuring a non-consumable IAP item at price level 0 that follows the naming convention: “XX-day trial.” Prior to the start of the trial period, the app must clearly identify the duration, content or services that will no longer be accessible at the end of the trial period, and any downstream costs that the user will have to pay for full functionality.

should we also use the IAP method even though there is never any mention of purchase but only registration ?

thank you in advance for your help

Hello! Often times registration is a relatively small barrier, especially if users can Sign in with Apple. And if somebody doesn't want to register, they can always just reinstall the app and go for trial again unless you use some persistent methods to confirm their "free trial" consumption status (one of which is non-consumable IAP at price level 0). Could you elaborate on why the trial is set up this way?

Hello! thank you for your reply! For the first release of the app we have provided that the counter of the trial version will persist only on the app and if the user deletes and re-downloads it will start with a new trial. Please confirm that we are not obligated for this phase at no cost to the user to use IAP for both registration and trial. thank you in advance for your help

hi, I don't see reply maybe because I added a comment instead of doing reply.... ? hope you can help me in this last pass thanks in advance, find my comment below thanks again

free trial for xx days

Q