Passkey authentication failure due to RPID mismatch

Hello,

I am facing a passkey authentication during cross device authentication. After I called completeAssertionRequest with passkeyCredential, I am encountering the issue attach and I am unable to find where the RPID mismatch is coming from and referencing from. It would be great if I could know the source of where RPID hash (found). Thanks.

Returned credential failed validation: Error Domain=com.apple.AuthenticationServicesCore.AuthorizationError Code=14 "RPID hash did not match expected value. Expected xMTokW1VIYg2DZVB9lCtheT+0n8NxHvx4HaxTPhH4bY=, found: eE1Ub2tXMVZJWWcyRFpWQjlsQ3RoZVQtMG44TnhIdng=." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=RPID hash did not match expected value. Expected xMTokW1VIYg2DZVB9lCtheT+0n8NxHvx4HaxTPhH4bY=, found: eE1Ub2tXMVZJWWcyRFpWQjlsQ3RoZVQtMG44TnhIdng=.}

Answered by khantzawko in 788950022

I have found a solution, RPID hash is computed based on authenticatorData which has to be 32 bytes as per WebAuthn specs that you pass along with ASPasskeyAssertionCredential object.

Accepted Answer

I have found a solution, RPID hash is computed based on authenticatorData which has to be 32 bytes as per WebAuthn specs that you pass along with ASPasskeyAssertionCredential object.

Passkey authentication failure due to RPID mismatch

Q