Guideline 5.1.2 : The primary purpose of the app is still to encourage users to perform digital tasks in exchange for compensation, watch ads and/or perform other marketing-oriented tasks, which is not appropriate.

Hi,

My app has been rejected twice for the reason mentioned in subject.

Has anybody faced a similar issue ? My app does actually reward users for doing digital tasks like surveys and watching ads.

• Just to add some context there are other apps out there like Swagbucks, "Money app", "Poll pay", "Google opinion rewards" etc. that have a similar business model.
  • We did study the existence of such apps as a validation that App store will allow our app to be published
  • We raised this point with the app review team but did not get a straight answer.
  • We were told "If you believe that you have identified apps that don’t comply with the App Review Guidelines, you may provide us with the app details and we will investigate the issue. "

A LITTLE FRUSTRATED

• I have already lost 3-4 weeks to the app review process .
  • Anyway, here is the latest screenshot from my app.
  • Could they have objected because I included conversion of proprietary currency to $ ?

there are other apps out there that have a similar business model

That's not argument reviewers will ever consider. May be they have missed it for those other apps (as hinted in the answer), but that does not entitle others to do the same.

According to your post, your app does violate guideline 5.1.2 and, now that it has been noticed, it's very likely it will be rejected until you change your app.

Could they have objected because I included conversion of proprietary currency to $ ?

What do you mean by "proprietary" ?

Thank you for your post. We're investigating this issue currently. A representative from App Review will contact you shortly to provide further assistance.

If you disagree with the outcome of our review, you may consider submitting an appeal to the App Review Board.

When filing your appeal, make sure to:

• Provide specific reasons why you believe your app complies with the App Store Review Guidelines.
  • Submit only one appeal per rejection.
  • Respond to any requests for additional information before submitting an appeal.

The App Review Board will contact you directly as soon as they've completed their investigation.

Hello, how can I correct this type of problem so that it can pass the review? What is the final solution? We have also received similar comments and feedback.

Guideline 5.1.2 : The primary purpose of the app is still to encourage users to perform digital tasks in exchange for compensation, watch ads and/or perform other marketing-oriented tasks, which is not appropriate.

Q