iOS 17.5.1 dyld watchdog

Hello,

I get a lot of crashlogs from MetricKit watchdog on iOS 17.5.1 all related to dyld. Does anybody has the same issue or any idea what could be the problem? Attached is the watchdog log.

wathchdog exhausted real (wall clock) time allowance of 30.00 seconds ProcessVisibility: Background ProcessState: Running WatchdogEvent: process-launch. crash in dyld process

Following error is shown:

0 Thread 0

1 dyld objc::findhash(dyld3::OverflowSafeArray<objc::bstuff, 4294967295ull>&, unsigned int*, unsigned long long*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, dyld3::OverflowSafeArray<objc::PerfectHash::key, 4294967295ull>&) + 584

2 dyld objc::PerfectHash::make_perfect(dyld3::OverflowSafeArray<objc::PerfectHash::key, 4294967295ull>&, objc::PerfectHash&) + 124

3 dyld objc::PerfectHash::make_perfect(dyld3::OverflowSafeArray<char const*, 4294967295ull> const&, objc::PerfectHash&) + 152

4 dyld dyld4::PrebuiltObjC::generateHashTables(dyld4::RuntimeState&) + 128

5 dyld dyld4::PrebuiltObjC::make(Diagnostics&, dyld4::RuntimeState&) + 2968

6 dyld dyld4::PrebuiltLoaderSet::makeLaunchSet(Diagnostics&, dyld4::RuntimeState&, dyld4::MissingPaths const&) + 468

7 dyld dyld4::prepare(dyld4::APIs&, dyld3::MachOAnalyzer const*) + 2920

8 dyld start + 1724

Answered by DTS Engineer in 789480022

Thanks for sharing your post! I'm eager to assist you in troubleshooting the issue with MetricKit and the watchdog killing your app.

Before we proceed, I noticed that this post seems to be a duplicate of https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/756341 where Quinn was already providing helpful guidance to you.

It might be best to continue following up on that original thread as Quinn's insights and efforts could lead to a quicker resolution. As you also posted a crash file there.

Thanks for sharing your post! I'm eager to assist you in troubleshooting the issue with MetricKit and the watchdog killing your app.

Before we proceed, I noticed that this post seems to be a duplicate of https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/756341 where Quinn was already providing helpful guidance to you.

It might be best to continue following up on that original thread as Quinn's insights and efforts could lead to a quicker resolution. As you also posted a crash file there.

iOS 17.5.1 dyld watchdog

Q