Transparent DNS Proxy

Hello,

My question is:
**Is there an equivalent of NETransparentProxyProvider for DNS requests? **

Some context:
I have a working NETransparentProxyProvider implementation that successfully handles traffic of apps in a list, leaving all the other apps to go through the default system routing (which means just returning false in handleNewFlow()).

I would like to handle also the DNS requests of those same apps. So far it seems the only way is to use a NEDNSProxyProvider.

Given my current design I do not handle traffic of apps I do not want to manage, but it seems that I would need to handle ALL system apps DNS request if I use a NEDNSProxyProvider because returning false in handleNewFlow() just closes the flow/connection (which seems like it is the same behaviour as NEAppProxyProvider for traffic).

Am I misunderstanding something, is there any other way to achieve this result in another way?

Thank you,
Michele

What is your goal for handling "All system apps DNS request?" And yes, if you use NEDNSProxyProvider then you will need to proxy the flow.

Are you not able to see DNS traffic with NETransparentProxyProvider?

What is your goal for handling "All system apps DNS request?" And yes, if you use NEDNSProxyProvider then you will need to proxy the flow.

Actually I would need to handle only SOME apps dns requests (the same ones that I handle using NETransparentProxyProvider). Having to handle them all would be an inconvenience, but it seems there is no other way if I stick with NEDNSProxyProvider.

Are you not able to see DNS traffic with NETransparentProxyProvider?

Is that possible? From what I read from the docs and other threads on this forum you need a NEDNSProxyProvider in order to capture dns requests.
If that is not the case, could you please elaborate further on how to achieve that please?

Thank you!

Transparent DNS Proxy

Q