Complication works on watch, but not visible in watch app on phone

I have an iPhone app, and added watch support, including a simple launcher complication. I can add the complication using the edit UI on the watch, but the complication is not visible using the watch app on the iPhone.

When I add my complication on the watch and then open the watch app on the iPhone, the complication slot shows as "Off".

What could I be doing wrong?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 789839022

I can't spot the potential reason based on the symptom, but you can probably start with playing this WWDC sample, and if it works, comparing the code with yours to see if you missed anything.

If you are still using ClockKit and can't migrate to WidgetKit just yet, try this ClockKit sample instead.

Best,
——
Ziqiao Chen
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

Accepted Answer

I can't spot the potential reason based on the symptom, but you can probably start with playing this WWDC sample, and if it works, comparing the code with yours to see if you missed anything.

If you are still using ClockKit and can't migrate to WidgetKit just yet, try this ClockKit sample instead.

Best,
——
Ziqiao Chen
 Worldwide Developer Relations.

Thanks - I switched to a WidgetKit implementation and got it working pretty quickly. Only about 10% of my Apple Watch users are still on watchOS 8.5, so I decided it would be okay if that small (and shrinking) group didn't get a complication.

Complication works on watch, but not visible in watch app on phone

Q