Trouble downgrading to iOS 17 from 18 Developer Beta w/iCloud Save

Hey,

I’m an iPhone user of nearly 4 months, and recently, I found out about the iOS 18 developer version. I wanted to try it, so I bought an iCloud subscription and backed up my phone. I downloaded the update overnight through the settings app, and when I woke, it prompted me to restart or along those lines, to which it showed the apple logo and a progress bar as per usual.

I didn’t even notice a difference between 17 and 18 until I swiped down to get to the control panel, and instantly, I wanted to switch back. I could no longer see features like my over $300 AirPod’s volume decibel amount; something I use on a regular basis to make sure I’m not developing hearing loss. So, when I got home from school later that day, I looked at the official Apple guide to downgrading to a previous iCloud version.

Following the featured steps, I factory reset the iPhone through the General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase all content and settings. I made sure to skip the automatic backup this process created. Then, after it was finished resetting, I followed the standard iPhone setup process until it asked me if I had a backup. I clicked it, signed in with my Apple ID, then clicked “Show All Versions” (as to not backup with an iPhone 18 beta backup) and clicked on my backup from the night prior.

Then, it went to the black screen with the Apple logo and a progress bar again, and a few minutes later, the phone booted up. It all seemed normal, up until I saw the iOS 18 control center. I did this whole process again just to make sure I didn’t accidentally mess the procedure up, but I got the same result.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance, Gray (posting this here because usual apple forums remove anything mentioning developer things)

Have you seen How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software? If you tried that already and you're still stuck, please contact Apple Support.

Trouble downgrading to iOS 17 from 18 Developer Beta w/iCloud Save

Q