Xcode 16.0 beta (16A5171c) misidentifys the parameter 'module' in the method as a keyword caused the compilation failure.

I upgraded to Xcode 16 beta today, and when I ran my project, I found that the build failed. The reason is shown in the picture. I believe it's a bug in Xcode, where it mistakenly identified a method parameter as a keyword, causing the compilation to fail. Is there any temporary workaround to bypass this error?

You need to enclose the module variable name in backward tick marks. module

Please avoid placing the ‘module’ keyword at the beginning or end of a line. Instead, consider placing the entire function declaration on a single line. This issue appears to be a bug in the early beta version of Xcode. Hopefully, it will be resolved in the upcoming beta release.

I want to make sure we look at this in detail, in case it's an issue with Xcode 16 beta. Can you open a bug report, and include a small test project that reproduces this complier error? Once you open the bug report, please post the FB number here for my reference.

If you have any questions about filing a bug report, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

Xcode 16.0 beta (16A5171c) misidentifys the parameter 'module' in the method as a keyword caused the compilation failure.

Q