Why isn't the Hide APP hiding in so many places

1. Why is it that after hiding an app, it can still be seen in many places in the settings, such as:
  • Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage
  • Settings -> private and security -> Pemissions
  • Settings -> Search
  • Settings -> Siri -> Siri APp Access -> Apps
  1. Additionally, in the App Store, the hidden app still shows as downloaded.
  2. Moreover, global searching for the full name of the app in global search also reveals the app and allows it to be opened.

Why isn't the hiding more thorough? Is this a bug or intentionally designed this way?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 792629022
Why is it that after hiding an app, it can still be seen in many places in the settings

Answering why questions is tricky. I talk about this in Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips. My general advice is that, if you’d like to see something change, you file a bug / enhancement request that explains what you’d like to see change and your rationale for that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

???

Why is it that after hiding an app, it can still be seen in many places in the settings

Answering why questions is tricky. I talk about this in Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips. My general advice is that, if you’d like to see something change, you file a bug / enhancement request that explains what you’d like to see change and your rationale for that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Why isn't the Hide APP hiding in so many places

Q