AirDrop Requesting to Open Video via 3rd Party App Instead of Photo Library

I film and edit content using my iPhone and PremierePro. I've been doing this since 2017, so I'd like to say I know my way around an iPhone and the PremierePro software enough to get a finished product to my client.

Before I send content to clients, I airdrop it to my phone to make sure that the quality of it is up to par. On this most recent project, I've had issues airdropping it to myself. Each time I do so, my iPhone prompts which 3rd party app I would like to open the video in, rather than automatically opening or saving the video into my photo library.

I will list the specs below:

• Filmed on iPhone 15 Plus iOS Version 17.5.1 (at the moment this is the most up to date software update)
  • Filmed in 4K at 60 FPS
  • I have ample storage space on my phone and the video file size is 220MB
  • Premiere Pro Export Settings: Video Settings - H.264, Field Order: Progressive, Bit Rate Encoding: CBR

I will say that I purchased a transition and burns bundle and used it for the first time on this project. All materials used are in an .mp4 format and blend mode was set to overlay. Nothing out of pocket.

I figured it wouldn't be a problem since my client would just be downloading it via dropbox, but there was an issue there as well. My client received an error message saying, "Sorry, this type of video cannot be saved to this device".

The back road workaround was to take the saved video, plug it into a separate PremierePro project, and export it with the preset: Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate. I was able to airdrop it to myself, it saved in my photo album and my client was able to download it without receiving that error message.

If there is an explanation as to why I am having this issue and how I can avoid it, I would really appreciate it as I have never had this problem in the past.

AirDrop Requesting to Open Video via 3rd Party App Instead of Photo Library

Q