Commit button disabled in Xcode

I am running Sonoma 14.5 on an Intel MacBook Pro. I had installed Xcode 15 previously and wanted to play with Swift Command Line tools. I created the project and had Xcode create a Git repo. When I make changes, they are marked as modified but when I go to the Source Control manager, my username and email show up, but the commit button is disabled. I tried creating a new test project and it has the same problem. I followed the instructions in StackOverflow and in other developer forum posts. I manually updated the git config from the terminal. I also went in and confirmed that they show up in Xcode -> Settings -> Source Control -> Git. As I mentioned before, user name and email are showing in Xcode.

I can commit the changes in Terminal, but adding new changes still doesn't enable the commit button. I manually staged the files and it still didn't fix the problem. I created a new project and did not have Xcode create the git repo and then manually created the git repo from Terminal. Same problem.

I tried restarting Xcode and then rebooting the computer. I even uninstalled Xcode and reinstalled it. Still has the same problem.

Answered by Engineer in 791707022

Hi there! Could you double-check that you've entered a commit message in the field below your author information?

Accepted Answer

Hi there! Could you double-check that you've entered a commit message in the field below your author information?

The "Commit message (required)" was a little too dark so I didn't see it at first. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Need to adjust my colors.

I can't seem to find away to adjust the color of the default initial text in the commit text box. Is there a way to change this?

Commit button disabled in Xcode

Q