iPad Pro crashes when I’m using Swift Playground

Hi there, when I’m using Swift Playground app on my new M4 iPad pro software version 17.5.1 . Soon I’m running the code for the first time. It crashes the IPad and restart it. After it’s fine . Anyone else have the same issues ?

Hello Guys,

i've exactly the same issue. My new iPadPro M4 512GB with iPadOS 17.5.1 Crash (and reboot) when try to start a new simple Hello World application on Swift Playground.

Initially my fear was linked to an hardware problem, but for all other application the iPad work fine, also with big load like Video Editing and conversion or Gaming.

So i think the issue is linked to a bug on OS or on Switft Playground compiler.

Thank you.

well i happen to have an older iPadPro M1 , when i’m running a code in Swift Playground there’s not issue or crashes down like the M4 one so maybe it’s a bug on the newest one ? Please let me know if anyone have experience the same issue . thank you Community.

Oh no! It would be awesome if you could file a bug for us, and post the feedback number here afterwards.

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Same here. I have the new iPad Pro M4 13in (512). I start the first coding tutorial “Learn to Code 1”, then it crashes after the intro when it tries to start Issuing Commands. Then every time I restart the App again, it just closes down again. Very frustrating.

Update: just figured out a workaround. The original Learn to Code 1 module that comes in the install does not work. It is not the updated version that works with M4. I deleted that preinstalled version, then downloaded the latest.. Viola! Works now. Hope that helps.

It’s happen again last night so I report it using feedback in Swift Playground app . soon it crashes the iPad I send a feedback report with the log system attached to it. I hope that helps. Thank you

Hi All,

opened the Feedback N: FB14109200.

Best Regards!

iPad Pro crashes when I’m using Swift Playground

Q