Trouble with Core ML Object Tracking for Spherical Objects Using WWDC Sample Code and Object Capture

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Core ML for object tracking and have successfully trained a couple of models. However, when I try to use the reference object file in the object tracking sample code from the WWDC video, it doesn't work.

I'm training the model on a single-color plastic spherical object. Could this be the reason for the issue? I also attempted to use USDZ 3D assets that resemble the real object. Do these need to be trained with the Object Capture app to work properly?

Speaking of the Object Capture app, my experience hasn't been great. When I scanned my spherical object, the result was far from a sphere—it looked more like a mushy dough.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

does this log mean anything, i only see it when i add my own referenceobjects to the project

ARObjectTrackingRemoteService <0x134285e60>: Failed to add reference objects with internal error (code=5, transient=YES): Error Domain=com.apple.arkit.error Code=5 "(null)"
ar_object_tracking_provider_t <0x301bf15f0>: Failed to add reference objects with transient error: Error Domain=com.apple.arkit.error Code=5 "(null)"
Trouble with Core ML Object Tracking for Spherical Objects Using WWDC Sample Code and Object Capture

Q