`tccutil reset All` does not reset Local Network permission

$ tccutil reset All This command resets the other permissions (i.e. camera, microphone) but doesn't reset the Local Network permission.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 792615022

Indeed. Some privacy related subsystems use the TCC infrastructure that’s reset by tccutil and some do not. Local network privacy (LNP) is one of the ones that does not [1]. On iOS this isn’t really a big deal because you can reset LNP by deleting the app. That’s tricky on macOS. I encourage you to file an enhancement request requesting a mechanism to reset LNP.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] The other notable one being location privacy.

We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities

Indeed. Some privacy related subsystems use the TCC infrastructure that’s reset by tccutil and some do not. Local network privacy (LNP) is one of the ones that does not [1]. On iOS this isn’t really a big deal because you can reset LNP by deleting the app. That’s tricky on macOS. I encourage you to file an enhancement request requesting a mechanism to reset LNP.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] The other notable one being location privacy.

`tccutil reset All` does not reset Local Network permission

Q