Maximum Number of Bluetooth Pairings (not connections)

Hello, Our app is going to be used in an industrial setting where users will connect to many devices a day via Bluetooth to complete an installation process. They will only connect to one device at a time, so connection limit isn't an issue.

What we're wondering about is the limit on number of pairings (found in Settings > Bluetooth > MY DEVICES). This is important because pairings can't be removed programatically. I seem to remember reading somewhere the limit was ~30 devices, but I can't find that document anymore. Does anyone know if this limit is correct, or where I could find a document regarding this?

Answered by Engineer in 792933022

There is no documented limit on how many active pairings you can keep.

Of course, while the system will be able to keep a reasonable number of pairings, as in many things in life, it is not going to be unlimited and you might run into issues when trying to pair devices past the device's capacity.

Accepted Answer

There is no documented limit on how many active pairings you can keep.

Of course, while the system will be able to keep a reasonable number of pairings, as in many things in life, it is not going to be unlimited and you might run into issues when trying to pair devices past the device's capacity.

Maximum Number of Bluetooth Pairings (not connections)

Q