App Group Not working as intended after updating to macOS 15 beta.

I have an app (currently not released on App Store) which runs on both iOS and macOS. The app has widgets for both iOS and macOS which uses user preference (set in app) into account while showing data. Before upgrading to macOS 15 (until Sonoma) widgets were working fine and app was launching correctly, but after upgrading to macOS 15 Sequoia, every time I launch the app it give popup saying '“Kontest” would like to access data from other apps. Keeping app data separate makes it easier to manage your privacy and security.' and also widgets do not get user preferences and throw the same type of error on Console application when using logging. My App group for both iOS and macOS is 'group.com.xxxxxx.yyyyy'. I am calling it as 'UserDefaults(suiteName: Constants.userDefaultsGroupID)!.bool(forKey: "shouldFetchAllEventsFromCalendar")'. Can anyone tell, what am I doing wrong here?

I have exactly the same problem. According to https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/configuring-app-groups, the app group name on macOS should look like this: $(TeamIdentifierPrefix)com.example.mygroup. This does solve the popup problem, but unfortunately creates another one for multi-platform applications. Because the Xcode UI does not allow you to create different app groups for different platforms, app group names that are valid for macOS are invalid for iOS and vice versa. I have not found a solution yet.

I have a bunch of backstory to this issue in App Groups: macOS vs iOS: Fight!. I haven’t yet updated it for the changes in macOS 15 beta, partly because I’m waiting for this stuff to settle.

As to what’s going on in macOS 15 beta, start by reading the macOS Sequoia 15 Beta 2 Release Notes, and specifically the discussion associated with 114586798.

In terms of what you should do, that depends on what you mean by “runs on both iOS and macOS”. There are multiple different ways to have the same code run on both platforms:

• iOS Apps on Mac

• Mac Catalyst

• SwiftUI multiplatform app

• Two independent apps that share the same bundle ID

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

App Group Not working as intended after updating to macOS 15 beta.

Q